How to auto-start "gtk3-demo" under weston from console?

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 23:21:29 PST 2015

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 18:08:24 +0800
Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can use weston-laucher to start weston. But it won't start any
> program.
>
> I wanto to auto-start "gtk3-demo" under weston from console. Is that
> possible?
>

> This is a scan client so upon power on, it'll start weston and the
> scan program automatically.

Hi,

you could script it by "simply" starting the client some time after
weston-launch, but that's fragile.

Instead, you're probably interested in this:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2014-October/017971.html

Unfortunately, I do not know when we might get back to working on that
feature.

If you are interested in tackling that feature yourself, you could ask
Fred (in CC) how far he got.