a file manager available for use in wayland session

ahmad luigide at yandex.com
Wed Jan 7 11:03:00 PST 2015

hi folks. i imlemented a basic file manager using qtquick.

It has no dependency other than qt. No X11 dependency. it can be used in wayland

session safely if qtwayland module installed the system.

Actually my main motivation is that AFAIK there is no file manager software available for wayland session.

It supports generic actions like "cut,copy,paste,rename,delete,open with" etc.

It has a full featured search tool.Searh for for pattern into file/folder names with metacharacter

 then filter to the result.

Search for pattern into text files (files that inherits "text/plain" mimetypes) then filter to the result.

It is open source and has GPLv3 license.It can be set a handler to a file has any type once

 then quickfm remembers settings.

It has built-in help menu too. Utf-8 supports for patterns.

I just posted here that one of you may need such app or just have interest.

If there are someone who have interest souce code availeble as https://github.com/canatan/quickfm.

Note that stable branch should download when wish.

Source contains build/install instructions.

As routine any feedback is welcome.

yours sincerely.