Failed to load module: /usr/way/lib/weston/rpi-backend.so: undefined symbol: eglTerminate

Jeff Chua jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 01:30:41 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Pekka Paalanen
<pekka.paalanen at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 12:49:23 +0800
> Jeff Chua <jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I recompiled Tomeu's userland git and weston with EGL enabled.
>> Compiled ok, but starting weston gives the following error ..
>
> does this mean you don't have the .pc files?
> See http://wayland.freedesktop.org/raspberrypi.html which points to
> http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/pq/android-pc-files.git/tree/pkgconfig?h=raspberrypi
>
> It looks like you are trying to override .pc file data with
> EGL_CFLAGS/LIBS variables and failing with it. I'd really recommend
> just making sure the proper .pc files are installed and found. If
> userland.git does not have them already, you should use the ones
> mentioned above.
>
> If you look into egl.pc, you are at least missing -lEGL. There is also
> some stuff in bcm_host.pc which I don't see with your setup.
>
> I'm suprised it works without --enable-egl, I'd expect all BCM
> proprietary functions to be undefined too if you don't have the .pc
> files.

Pekka,

Thanks for the lead. Recompiled everything as pointed and now weston
is running again with EGL. weston-simple-egl works.

Next, I tried omxplayer ... can't get it to run when weston is
running. Without weston running, oxmplayer works.

How to make omxplayer and weston coexist? omxplayer works with Xorg.

Thanks,
Jeff