Change screens color temperature

Giulio Camuffo giuliocamuffo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 10:03:36 PST 2015

>> installed "Redshift", a tool to change the color temperature of your
>> screen according to the time of day:
>

>> Sadly it's only implemented for Xorg, so I can't "make an app" that uses
>> redshift on Jolla.
>

> Redshift already has a "drm" module, which might be compatible with weston.
> I just tried it with
>
>> redshift -v -m drm
>

> which does give promising output, but does not change the color temperature.
> That is, at least with i9x5 hardware something seems to be missing. But
> there's hope!

The drm method works only on a console tty in my testings, and then it
doesn't let you switch vt anymore.
I'd also would like to see some way to make it work on a wayland
environment. I haven't looked at its code, but i'm not sure embedding
it in every compositor is doable. Maybe there is space for a common
privileged wayland/dbus protocol to let it communicate with
compositors.

--
Giulio