After exiting weston all consoles not working anymore

Thilo Cestonaro thilo at cestona.ro
Fri Mar 20 01:47:54 PDT 2015

>> Further debugging.
>>
>> I managed to start weston-launch from tty1 without --tty, --user and
>> openvt as a normal user.
>>
>> While weston is running I can switch between tty1-6 with Ctrl+Alt+FX.
>> When I stop weston (Ctrl+Alt+Backspace), the display gets black and
>> switching the consoles isn't possible anymore.
>>
>> It looks like weston-launch recieves a SIGSEGV. At least gdb tells
>> this.
>> Sadly I cant get any bt as the "program no longer exists" :(
>>
>> GDBServer outputs:
>> Child terminated with signal = 0xb (SIGSEGV)
>>
>> BUT, the script which I start weston-launch from (which holds only one
>> line which is the launch of weston-launch)
>> is still running.... fork .... while(1) ?
>>
>> Any ideas how I can debug this?
>
> You make it sound even more strange every hour.
>
> Sorry, I have no idea. Is there systemd on that system? Or a logind?

The system is booted via systemd and systemd-logind is running, but I
neither have used it nor know how to use it, yet. :)

Should I give it a try to start weston via systemd-logind. Weston is
already compiled with systemd support.

If, could you point me to some docu, how I would do this?

Cheers,
Thilo