Fwd: Re: After exiting weston all consoles not working anymore

Thilo Cestonaro thilo at cestona.ro
Fri Mar 20 07:13:43 PDT 2015

Am 20.03.2015 12:54, schrieb Thilo Cestonaro:
> Am 20.03.2015 11:32, schrieb Thilo Cestonaro:
>> Further debuggin.
>>
>> I added some debug output to weston-launch.
>> When the parent part (of the forks) recieves the SIGCHILD it calls the
>> quit function.
>> And in there I added the debug output and the ioctl to set the text
>> mode, never returns.
>>
>> So it hangs in the kernel, right?
>
> The kernel's console_lock is not returning. Somehow the console_lock
> can't be acquired, as it is already locked.

It looks like fbcon can't work together with weston. So, if I compile my
kernel to not include FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE at all,
I can restart weston as often as I want.

What I've not tried yet is, compiling fbcon as module, but I await no
different behave with fbcon loaded as module.

Any ideas, comments? :)

Cheers,
Thilo