How to match versions of wayland/weston/freerdp?

Marko Moberg marko.s.moberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:54:49 PDT 2015

Hello there,

I have a little question regarding Wayland/Weston and their compatibility
with freeRdp.

I am working on a fairly old Yocto branch ("dylan") but I need to enable
support for Wayland/Weston with RDP. According to the info on the web, RDP
support should be available from Wayland/Weston 1.1 onwards.

I can get the v1.1 Wayland/Weston from "dora" branch but it seems that
Yocto "dora" comes with a incompatible version of freeRDP (it contains
freeRdp v1.0.2 whereas Weston seems to require 1.1.0 or newer). Problems in
Weston compilation occur immediately when rdp protocol is enabled.

Well, I also tried to update the freeRDP 1.1 to my environment but the
rdp_compositor.c of Weston is still not matching the freeRDP
implementation. However, I noticed that Weston 1.2 seems to have some
changes that match with the rdp protocol api of FreeRdp 1.1 (changes like
context_size -> ContextSize, stream_free -> Stream_Free etc.).

Does anybody know which version are compatible with each other?

There are some complex dependencies in our distro which makes it quite hard
to work with the most up-to-date SW at this point so that's why I am trying
to find the minimum set of changes to get the Weston + freeRDP running on
old "dylan" based distro.

regards,
Marko

marko.s.moberg at gmail.com