why wi_surface_frame callback delay two frames

Nancy Zou Nancy.Zou at csr.com
Tue May 5 02:14:42 PDT 2015

Hi Pekka

>>how do you differ from the main loops and event handlers in Weston's simple-shm.c or simple-egl.c?
>>Are you using EGL? Which implementation of EGL?

I try to do a implementation for the wayland-egl flip driver because my linux sgx driver don't support wayland now. When I do it, I refer the simple-shm.c. My test case is simple-egl.c.

I want to mark client buffer status like the android BufferQueue do.  When one frame call back, the buffer status will be free. But I find buffer free is always delay.

>> Is your main loop flushing and waiting properly? For the simple case, see simple-shm.c. For more complicated case, see http://wayland.freedesktop.org/docs/html/apb.html#Client-classwl__display
and wl_display_prepare_read() and wl_display_read_events().

I don't use wl_display_prepare_read() and wl_display_read_events(). I call wl_display_flush after the wl_surface_commit which will be called by eglSwapBuffers().  Should I call wl_display_flush when the client is end? The simple-egl have already called it.

>>If it is not a deadlock but just a timing issue, see:
>>http://ppaalanen.blogspot.fi/2015/02/weston-repaint-scheduling.html
Thank you. I will read the documents.

Best Regards
Nancy

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people, YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook, www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CSR_plc.
You can now access the wide range of products powered by aptX at www.aptx.com