[weston, v2, 17/17] configure: add an option to allow building only the libraries

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Fri May 8 17:15:21 PDT 2015

On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 11:01:23PM +0200, Giulio Camuffo wrote:
> the --enable/disable-weston-binaries emable or disable the creation
> of the 'weston', 'weston-launch' and all the binaries that are
> installed in $prefix/lib/libexec. This allows, together with
> --enable-clients, to only build the libraries, making possible to
> build and install different libweston versions at the same time.

Prior to 1.7 there was uncertainty whether to have a libweston.  Since
then, the uncertainty has gone away and it sounds like we're now all
more or less in consensus favoring this change?

However, this patchset hasn't yet landed, and there's still some
questions about specifics.

Should we press ahead with an eye towards getting this landed for 1.8?
Or should we postpone and target landing it as soon as the 1.9 tree
opens?

Bryce