How to boot Weston as KMS

R . ren_zokuken01 at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 22:46:07 PDT 2015

Actually, I just found out how to do that on GNOME 3... No need for help with that.. Now, question ins, how do I do it for LXDE??

From: ren_zokuken01 at hotmail.com
To: wayland-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: How to boot Weston as KMS
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 22:34:34 -0700

So Debian packages for Weston and others have just been made available as of Debian 8. I've always wanted to use this new lighter display server, but I really don't know how to boot it at KMS. I've read the short instructions and used a minimal ~./config/weston.ini file, but all I can do is bring up Weston inside my current X session (running LXDE, btw). When I go for Recovery mode at boot and then enter "weston-launch", it says it needs to be ran on a virtual terminal. Upon entering "weston" also at Recovery mode, it simply prints out version and the how-to-report-bugs-link.