[RFC wayland] doc: generate doxygen html output from the scanner

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:50:31 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 12:37:39PM -0800, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net
> >
> > wrote:

> B,
> > > the
> > > core
> That's
> > > only
> from
> > > the

> input,
> > > so it
> > >
> > > But it doesn't scan the actual protocol header, check e.g.
> > > scanned_src_files_Server in the makefile.
> > >

> > It runs doxygen on those source files to produce doxygen xml output (look
> > in doc/doxygen/Makefile.am for scanned_src_files). Then in
> > doc/publican/Makefile.am it uses doc/publican/doxygen-to-publican.xsl to
> > convert that doxygen xml output into docbook input. This mostly preserves
> > the doxygen formatting.
>
> the protocol API is in the files wayland-server-protocol.h and
> wayland-client-protocol.h. The rest are largely utility functions.

I was responding to your complaint that "the current API docs in publican
are useless. look at appendix B, the
"client API". http://wayland.freedesktop.org/docs/html/apb.html"

The document in question is produced by running doxygen on the client api
header and source files, then converting it's xml output into docbook.
Therefore it is an example of what you get from doxygen and switching to
doxygen may not improve things