Patchwork to require git-send-email formatted patches?

Damien Lespiau damien.lespiau at intel.com
Fri Nov 13 02:21:51 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 06:40:48PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 09:38:48AM +0000, Ucan, Emre (ADITG/SW1) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I personally create the patches with git format-patch and then copy to the email.
> > Because I have to use windows and outlook for my company email.
>
> This might be more trouble than worth for you, but for a while I was in
> a similar boat at Samsung, which is all MS Exchange based, and for me
> copying the patches in email was beyond my tolerance threshold.  I was
> able to interface with it using DavMail.  It was a bit clunky but worked
> adequately for me.  YMMV.

I have in mind a 'git pw submit' command that would work like git
send-email but would send the git-format patches to an HTTP/REST end
point. Patchwork would, then, send the emails to the ml on behalf of the
author. It would help people that are in these situations.

I'd also love if that command could take care of sending successive
revisions for me (either with --in-reply-to or full series depending how
much has changed).

But that's all handy wavy and I may not have time to reach that point.

--
Damien