question to wayland-protocols and configure error.

Quentin Glidic sardemff7+wayland at sardemff7.net
Fri Nov 20 01:44:20 PST 2015

On 20/11/2015 10:38, Christian Hartmann wrote:
>> I got a configure error since this week:
>>
>> checking for COMPOSITOR... yes
>> checking for WAYLAND_PROTOCOLS... no
>> configure: error: Package requirements (wayland-protocols >= 0.1.0)
>> were not met:
>>
>> No package 'wayland-protocols' found
>>
>> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>>
>> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables WAYLAND_PROTOCOLS_CFLAGS
>> and WAYLAND_PROTOCOLS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
>> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>>

>> On both test / developing machine, what I am missing and where can I
>> get these requested protocols pc files??
>>
>> Any help or hint(s) would be appreciate :=)
>
> and yes I always start to update at first wayland setup. but that did
> not solved my issue, and I am already looking at it, but cannot find
> these protocols yet....

Hi,

This is a brand new repository that was created a few days ago.
You can find it here[0].
You simply have to install it before Weston (it does not matter if you
install it before or after Wayland).
This repository is installing a set of protocols files for other
projects to use them. Weston is the first user and most of the protocols
that were waiting for stabilisation in Weston were moved to
wayland-protocols.

Cheers,

--

Quentin “Sardem FF7” Glidic