[weston] Missing header file

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 04:05:22 PDT 2015

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 12:28:58 +0200
Joaquim Duran <jduran.gm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi,

please keep the mailing list in CC.

> The file protocol/presentation_timing-client-protocol.h is not generated:
>
> gem-med at gemmed-VirtualBox:~/Logic_BSPs/Linux_3.0/src/weston$ find .
> -name "presentation_timing-client-protocol.h"
> gem-med at gemmed-VirtualBox:~/Logic_BSPs/Linux_3.0/src/weston$

Makefile.am definitely has this:

presentation_weston_SOURCES = 			\
	tests/presentation-test.c		\
	shared/helpers.h
nodist_presentation_weston_SOURCES =		\
	protocol/presentation_timing-protocol.c	\
	protocol/presentation_timing-client-protocol.h

The nodist files would be generated in the build tree, not the source
tree, in case you are doing out-of-tree builds.

Also weston-info and weston-presentation-shm clients  and
libtoytoolkit.la use that header. Hmm, I suppose you are disabling
those too.

I suppose with all this disabling, the files listed in
nodist_presentation_weston_SOURCES never get into BUILT_SOURCES.

We should probably fix that, but if you intend also running Weston, you
probably don't want --disable-clients. Removing that should work around
the problem.

> I've changed to cairo image backend, however the file
> presentation_timing-client-protocol.h is not created.

That was an unrelated issue I noticed.