xdg_surface_move Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Vinicio Cordero vcordero2991 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 09:19:44 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am making a simple wayland client using the simple-shm, simple-egl and
fullscreen as a guide; while the surface is displayed and updated correctly
on weston attempting to move the surface on pointer move event by calling
xdg_surface_move will sometimes(almost always, sometimes the surface
actually moves with no problems) make the client crash with a Segmentation
fault (core dumped). Is there any minimum requirement I am missing to
handle this feature the right way? Or is my main loop handled incorrectly?
Is the double buffer swapping implemented on simple-shm really neccesary?

Wayland and weston version: 1.9.0,  the code is send as an attachment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.