Xwayland location

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:58:20 PDT 2015

On 10/15/2015 08:41 AM, Giulio Camuffo wrote:

>> The fact that it finds my xwayland.so file in ~/install, but cannot find the
>> Xwayland executable in ~/install bothers me a lot, however. It obviously
>> figured out where xwayland.so is from the --prefix arg to configure and this
>> really should match.
>
> No, the xwayland.so is a part of weston, Xwayland is an entirely
> separate binary coming from an entirely separate project, so i really
> don't think weston should assume it is in the same prefix as itself.

Okay, but for all other projects I was able to fix that by making PATH
and/or LD_LIBRARY_PATH include ~/install.

In any case the weston.ini option works and seems like the
least-offensive solution to this. Probably should add this to the build
instructions, or add it commented-out to the default weston.ini.