[RFC] weston: implement inert objects for keyboard/pointer/touch

David FORT rdp.effort at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 06:47:18 PDT 2015

This is the second version. I have restored the ref counting of input devices,
I think with the name weston_seat_init_pointer is not accurate, perhaps
weston_seat_add_pointer_device would be better. I'm really wondering if it's
the weston core that should do that refcounting, or if the input backend should
do it itself. I can't see any case where we would have 2 input backends (which
would be a justification for weston doing it).
Note that with this patch, we don't save the last position of the pointer. I'm
wondering why we wanna do this, does that mean that we want the same kind of
behaviour for other input devices (saving locks state for keyboard device for
example) ?

David FORT (1):
  weston: implement inert objects for keyboard/pointer/touch

 desktop-shell/exposay.c  |  16 ++--
 desktop-shell/shell.c    |  21 ++--
 src/compositor-wayland.c |  10 +-
 src/compositor-x11.c     |  12 ++-