Is VT sharing possbile with weston 1.8.0 with fbdev backend?

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 06:12:24 PDT 2015

Dear All,

Does anyone know here if weston switches between VTs (Virtual Terminal)
while starting weston using "fbdev" backend and GLA2D (Freescale specific
renderer)? If yes then is there any way
to stop switching between VTs and still star it successfully?

I am using weston 1.8.0 on iMX platform with linux 3.14.28 (framebuffer
console with logo, Virtual Terminal enabled).

I used to do this with X11 using option called "sharedvt" (-sharevts: share
VTs with another X server) to avoid the flicker/screen clear displayed due
to without using this option.

Regards,
Vikash