Patchwork upgrade?

Damien Lespiau damien.lespiau at intel.com
Fri Sep 18 04:09:28 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 12:14:46PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 04:26:14PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> > > Sorry, just back from holidays.
> > >
> > > I expect I'd have some time in the near future to look at the FDO
> > > patchwork, with a bigger scope than just updating to latest upstream. No
> > > ETA though (hopefully in the next few weeks).
> >
> > Cool, thanks muchly.  Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
> > Happy to beta test too if you need it.
>
> Hi Damien, just checking in again on if you've had a chance to look into
> the upgrade or adding cairo so far?

Ah well. I can say that some progress has been made. The difficult bit
is for me to be able to maintain patchwork without being root and Daniel
(Stone) already helped on a few things I identified to fix that. I
haven't tried to upgrade patchwork since then. It's a beautiful day to
do so though.

My excuse is that I've been looking at adding good stuff to patchwork,
probably because it's more fun than administrating the fdo instance, but
I'll man up :)

If you are curious:

  https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/patchwork/2015-August/001448.html
  https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/patchwork/2015-September/001601.html

> We might want to think about setting up a queue for Xwayland patches
> too while you're at it.

Is that on a separate mailing list? Right now patchwork only really
knows about full mailing lists. I do have an enhancement in the pipeline
to be able to sort patches sent to a single list into separate patchwork
projects (through tags given with --subject-prefix).

HTH,

--
Damien