Patchwork upgrade?

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Tue Sep 22 16:49:59 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 06:27:49PM +0100, Damien Lespiau wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:01:43AM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 11:19:18AM +0100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > > Hey Bryce,

> > > You could, but Damien is probably a better target since he's
> > > graciously volunteered to maintain Patchwork. ;)
> >
> > Damien, would you have time to update Patchwork in the next week or two?
>
> FWIW, I'll ty to do the patchwork maintenance with an up to date
> patchwork this week-end to limit the number of emails lost.

Awesome, looking forward to it.  :-)

> > Also, it would be awesome to have Cairo included in patchwork, for
> > patches going back maybe 2-3 years.
>
> Ok, so added cairo to patchwork and asked Carl to subscribe the
> patchwork email address to the cairo mailing-list (because I don't have
> a way to answer the confirmation email sent to the patchwork address).
>
> It should work, if I haven't fumbled the List-Id header of the cairo ml
> (cairo.cairographics.org)
>
> You probably want to be a maintainer of cairo in patchwork to change
> patch status, ... If you have a patchwork account I can add you.

Thanks, I do: account name 'bryce'.

> The other thing is more difficult. I don't have any archive of the cairo
> ml I can feed to patchwork (the mangled emails from the mailman archive
> aren't good). Patchwork also doesn't have an easy way to go and mark all
> merged patches as merged. All feasible but requires time I don't really
> have.

Bummer, but at least it'll be there for patches going forward.

Part of my motivation here is that prior to my involvement with
maintenance I think no one was grabbing the patches sent to the list, so
they've gotten lost in the process.  But hopefully anything important
will get resubmitted.

> FWIW, instead of keeping track of patchwork-related maintenance work by
> email, one can use the (newly created) patchwork component in the fdo
> admin part of the bugzilla:
>
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=freedesktop.org

Ok, great.

Thanks,