Unit testing a wayland client

Wagner, Michael Michael_Wagner at mentor.com
Fri Apr 1 12:57:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am currently looking into possibilities for unit testing our
client whether it calls wayland functions in the correct
form (order, content, etc.)

So I wanted to use fake wl_* functions for mocking
purposes. This seems to be not possible as all the
wayland-scanner generated protocol functions carry
the function definition already in the header file.
This leads to compiler errors (multiple definition).

My question would be, what is the reasoning behind
putting all definitions already in the header?

Maybe I'm completely looking into the wrong direction,
and you have any suggestions on how to unit test a
client application, any hints would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael