Wayland 1.11 release cycle kickoff

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Tue Apr 26 22:27:29 UTC 2016

Here's our schedule[1]:

  - 1.11-alpha around May 3rd.  Major features done by this point.

  - 1.11-beta around May 17th.

  - 1.11-rc1 around May 24th.

  - 1.11.0 release around May 31st.

Any changes to protocol must be landed prior to Alpha.  New features /
API additions should be landed by then as well.  Minor improvements and
refactoring work is fine to land through beta, and bugfixes/docs/tests
will be accepted up until RC1.  Only release-critical changes will be
landed after RC1.  Exceptions to these policies can be considered on a
case-by-case basis.

== Reviewing Needed ==

I'd be comfortable seeing the following features land this cycle
(consider them Ack'd by me) but they need Pekka's review.  Most involve
protocol changes so alpha is cut-off for them.

  1.  Cross-interface enum attributes (by Auke Booij)
  2.  Tablet support for weston (by Peter Hutterer)
  3.  Idle inhibition (by Bryce Harrington)

== Works in Progress ==

These I haven't looked much into but might be candidates for inclusion.
Some just need review, others are ongoing development that maybe can be
finished up?

  1.  Various APIs for client info (by Giulio Camuffo)
  2.  Pointer locking and confinement (by Jonas Ã…dahl)
  3.  rdp misc. fixups (by David Fort)
  4.  Viewporter (by Pekka Paalanen)
  5.  Various remaining libweston backend config bits

If there's any urgent bits I've overlooked, let me know.  Ditto for
anything on this list that you think needs to bake further.  I'm also
available to do in-depth reviews on whatever, just flag 'em for my
attention.

Bryce

1: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2016-February/027038.html