GSOC student (re)introduction

Armin Krezovic krezovic.armin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 02:19:32 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

As you may have seen, I was chosen to participate in GSOC
and work on your project.

I do need to apologize for not contacting you sooner, but
it was a busy week here (midterms week), so I didn't have
much time to think about anything else. I hope you understand.

I'll skip the introduction part, as I've already introduced
myself on this mailing list and also in my project proposal,
which is publicly available.

I do want to note that the email address used last time was
different. From now on, this address will be used because
it's the one I used to register for GSOC.

I must admit that I do not fully understand the part I'll be
working on just yet (it's not the weston code, but the DRM
part itself), but I am confident I can master that part as
well before the coding starts. So, expect some newbie questions
during the Community bonding period :).

Also, as I've noted earlier, I also want to use this Community
bonding period to discuss with everyone involved in the project
on what would be the best way to implement the feature I will
be working on when the coding period starts. I did suggest two
different ways in my project proposal, but I am open for more
suggestions. I'll send a separate mail about that as soon as I
familiarize myself with the code that's currently there (I can
manage that before next Wednesday).

Last, I want to thank whoever it was that choose project mentors
for the great choice of mentors! I saw the welcome mail, but
didn't get the chance to reply to it. So, I want to use this
message to thank Pekka for the nice welcome mail. It's an honor
to be the first student to be selected for the Wayland project.

That's all for now.

Armin