How to handle DRM crtc_id, connector_id greater than 31

Ruei, Eric e-ruei1 at ti.com
Mon Dec 5 21:49:40 UTC 2016

To whom it may concern:

We have encountered a Weston hotplug issue with DRM backend where the hotplug of HDMI connector caused unexpected Weston exit recently.
The root cause of the problem is that the DRM connector id of the HDMI display exceeds 31, but the corresponding active bitmap variable connector_allocator is only 32-bit. The same issue is also applicable to the DRM instance variable crtc_allocator and all the local variables of CRTC or connector bitmap.  A tentative quick fix is to increase the size of bitmap variable from uint32_t to uint64_t, but it will break again when the DRM id exceeds 63.

Attached please find our tentative patch against Weston 1.9 as your reference.

Best regards,

Eric