weston exits on HDMI unplug

Francis Leblanc-Lebeau fleblanc at orthogone.com
Wed Dec 21 23:14:38 UTC 2016

Hi !

I have built a Yocto image for the Aaeon EMB-BSW1 board  and for some unknown reason, weston quits when I disconnect the HDMI cable, even if there is an application running. I saw that it exited normally (not a segfault) by attaching the weston process with gdb. I am currently trying to add debug info to my setup...

Is there a reason for such behavior ? I search for such an bug/issue or config and I did not find anything.
I did found something about headless start support in the new 1.12 weston release, maybe it is related ?
Or maybe it is only a configuration issue ?

Setup info:
Weston 1.11.0
Wayland 1.11.0
Yocto Krogoth 2.1

Also see attachments weston.ini and weston.log (the disconnected HDMI is clearly seen with the timestamps).

Thanks a lot !
Francis Leblanc