Using Soft Keys with Weston & Libinput

Ucan, Emre (ADITG/SW1) eucan at de.adit-jv.com
Tue Feb 9 08:02:05 UTC 2016

Hello Bill,

Please watch this video for seeing the navigation device in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUgW5M5ztww

The entire screen is touch panel, and it is rectangular. But the compositor gets touch events only from the area of display.

The location of soft keys, volume slider and touch area are defined by config files. Please see the attached picture.
The rectangle in the middle of screen is a card reader.

Later I will answer Peter's email with more information about how we configured these areas.

Best regards

Emre Ucan
Software Group I (ADITG/SW1)

Tel. +49 5121 49 6937