desktop-shell: How to enable really alpha blending of weston background?

YoungJun Jo dtoartist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 01:11:39 UTC 2016

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

What i want is alpha blending for my chips.
As i mentioned, My chips have four independent H/W overlays.

For example,
H/W Overlay 1 => Weston, Applications, etc..
H/W Overlay 2 => Video play.
H/W Overlay 3 = > Empty.
H/W Overlay 4 = > Empty.

I also know that weston don't know H/W Overlays above mentioned.

Scenario:
1. If i click play button on my video application, it will be call alpha
blending API.
2. When weston receives alpha blending api, weston background will be
transparent.
3. And i could see video playing from H/W Layer 2.(Still H/W Layer1 shows
GUI of video control buttons)

So i want really alpha blending of weston background.

I'm sorry to describe it difficult to understand.

Thanks.