Introduction and updates from NVIDIA

James Jones jajones at nvidia.com
Tue Jul 19 18:10:50 UTC 2016

On 06/13/2016 03:14 AM, Martin Peres wrote:
> On 13/06/16 12:32, Martin Peres wrote:
>> This discussion has been going on for years (not this thread, the general
>> discussion).
>
> Pekka made me realize on IRC that I was not specific enough
> about what I mean here.
>
> By discussion here, I am talking about sharing buffers
> across blocks/drivers/manufacturers while honouring
> Wayland's mantra of every frame being perfect and being
> as efficient as possible. This is related to Google's
> GRalloc, GBM, EGLStreams and probably more.

Thanks for proposing this Martin.

This sounds great, and we're happy to participate if we can get together
a quorum.

Besides the people who were most vocal in this thread, it would be good
to have perspective from several of the ARM SoCs and Google (ChromeOS
and Android).

I'll reach out to some of my contacts there to make sure the right
groups will be represented at XDC, and we'll get the right NVIDIA people
signed up.

Thanks,
-James