[RFC wayland 0/1] protocol: Add summary attributes to request params and enum entries

Yong Bakos junk at humanoriented.com
Wed Jun 1 15:49:54 UTC 2016

From: Yong Bakos <ybakos at humanoriented.com>

This patch adds missing summary attributes to all request arg elements and
enum entry elements. I've marked this as RFC as I would like some feedback
before formalizing the patch. Specifically:

wl_shm.format enum: Are these summaries fine? Do we want them at all? Doing so
  gives us "completeness" but it feels a little cumbersome here.

wl_output.transform enum: Did I get clockwise/conter-clockwise right?

wl_region.add, wl_region.subtract: Are the x and y args are the upper-left
  corner of the region in surface-local coordinates, or in "region-local"
  coordinates?

If we can focus on the three above issues, I'll formalize a v1 patch to elicit
general feedback.

Thank you for your time,
yong

Yong Bakos (1):
  protocol: Add summary attributes to request params and enum entries

2.7.2