[ANNOUNCE] libinput 1.3.3

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri Jun 24 05:22:56 UTC 2016

This is a rather large updates (in commit numbers) but an important one.
In libinput 1.2 we dropped using a hysteresis for touchpad devices because
modern touchpads are more precise than older touchpads. Since we found that
even those newer touchpads are prone to wobbling cursor when a finger is
held still on the touchpad. We've added touchpads over time to the wobbly
tag, effectively playing whack-a-mole, but it's now time to give up on that
experiment and simply restore the default hysteresis for all touchpads.

The only other visible change is that tablet-pad capabilities are now listed
in libinput-list-devices.

Peter Hutterer (11):
      test: when creating an abs test device, force the abs->value to the mimimum
      Drop the ALPS_RUSHMORE tag
      tools: add missing space after listing touch/tablet capabilities
      tools: show tablet-pad capabilities in libinput-list-devices
      touchpad: restore the hysteresis by default
      pad: change button map ordering
      Revert "test: add a test for the T450 dropped motion events"
      Revert "touchpad: only use negative pressure change check on Lenovo *50 and *60 series"
      Revert "touchpad: reset the motion history on significant negative pressure changes"
      touchpad: re-enable hysteresis by default for all devices
      configure.ac: libinput 1.3.3

git tag: 1.3.3

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/libinput-1.3.3.tar.xz
MD5:  51bfd53ab545cd72eb9a3e81d8e6b300  libinput-1.3.3.tar.xz
SHA1: 1c2f00099d769e05e7004f0ce147abce28874c82  libinput-1.3.3.tar.xz
SHA256: 30c8edfe47654a38c235ac6b0541d79fd593d010bc18cdda8bd1f6cc6ad8b1ce  libinput-1.3.3.tar.xz
PGP:  http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/libinput-1.3.3.tar.xz.sig