How to sync weston compositor with wayland client?

YoungJun Jo dtoartist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 08:54:59 UTC 2016

Hi, all

I don't know how to sync compositor and client.

My environment:
wayland/weston 1.8.0
DRM backend
wayland-egl

My scenario is,
1. HMI Controller UI
2. Navigation Application
3. Weston compositor

HMI, Navigation are added to weston view list.

If if click zoom-in button on HMI UI then navigation receive event and
start rendering using gpu.
But, Screen flickering occurred because of GPU rendering time is too long
(It's my assumption)
Additional information : Rendering time is about 60ms.

So i modified the value of repaint-window from default 7ms to -10ms.
Result is that flickering looks like disappeared but rarely occurred.

As a result, I think it is not synchronization between wayland client(navi
app) and weston compositor.

I read a article of
http://ppaalanen.blogspot.kr/2015/02/weston-repaint-scheduling.html, but
can't find any hints.

Need some additional ideas to solve this problem. Any feedback is
appreciated.