GSOC 2016

Jonas Ådahl jadahl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 04:30:10 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 04:56:23AM +0100, Armin Krezović wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi!

> My name is Armin Krezović, a 3rd year student from Bosnia and Herzegovina studying
> at Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Tuzla.
>
> I want to participate in this year's Google Summer of Code and have decided
> that Wayland is my project of choice.
>
> I am interested in working on Weston output management enhancements. Where do I
> start? I have already mailed a patch that implements a feature listed in
> "First task ideas" page.

I see that you have already found
https://phabricator.freedesktop.org/w/wayland/gsoc_2016/application_instructions/
, have already found an idea that interests you and made a simple
contribution. As written in the instructions, the next step would be to
start drafting a project proposal and then find someone to review it.
That someone could for example be one of the "possible mentors" of the
idea related to the proposal you write.

As I wrote in the other reply, feel free to ask any questions here and
you can often find someone who can help in #wayland on irc.freenode.net.

Jonas