thanks and introduction

Yong Bakos junk at humanoriented.com
Mon Mar 7 15:55:10 UTC 2016

Hi,
Thanks for all things Wayland!

My name is Yong Bakos, and I just wanted to introduce myself and beg for your patience as I will probably ask lots of noob questions - some of you have already helped me out on #wayland. I'm employed as a professor at Southern Methodist University's Center of Creative Computation in Dallas, Texas, but will be working at Oregon State University's new CS program in Bend, OR this coming year. I previously taught at Colorado School of Mines in Golden, CO.

My research focuses on the development of information-centric post-desktop systems, and I am in the midst of implementing a shell client for Weston and, likely, a compositor independent of Weston. As I'm familiarizing myself with the Weston source, I know I'm in for a rather daunting task. My first goal is to get comfortable with the client API by building a few simple clients.

I hope to become a contributor by starting with some 'easy' tasks, even web site / documentation contributions.

Best,
yong