[ANNOUNCE] libinput 1.2.2

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Mar 15 00:43:42 UTC 2016

libinput 1.2.2 is now available. The two main changes are better cursor
handling on the Lenovo T450/T460-generation touchpads and the rejection of
mislabelled tablet devices.

The Lenovo T450, T460, X1 Carbon 3rd and other laptops of that generation
(anything *50 and *60) experienced jerky pointer motion, especially on slow
movement. This was caused by the touchpad sensor, in some cases you can move
your finger several mm without getting motion events. When the next motion
event comes, it is a large one (from the last known position) and that
triggered a jump. We have special handling for these devices in place now,
you will still see the cursor not moving for a bit (not much we can do
about that) but the subsequent jump has been elimitated.

HUION graphics tablets expose a special "Consumer Control" device that is
mislabelled as tablet by libwacom and subsequently caused a segfault in
libinput. We now reject these devices, the real fix still needs to go into
libwacom.

Peter Hutterer (7):
      tablet: sanitize button mask passing
      touchpad: use the udev property over a compile-time vendor ID check
      test: add two path tests for invalid devices
      Assert that the interface is actually filled in.
      tablet: reject mislabelled tablet devices
      touchpad: add quirk for the T450 and T460 generation hardware
      configure.ac: libinput 1.2.2

git tag: 1.2.2

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/libinput-1.2.2.tar.xz
MD5:  4e8d1cc7aa941c91c61b1824e35160c4  libinput-1.2.2.tar.xz
SHA1: cf3abe22fe3d49ceca4767881bbd6f11e57af686  libinput-1.2.2.tar.xz
SHA256: 08ac5b3620d86df1cdb4970c4137c8746c9f4b9f0c8e7dfab49858dbceb8f367  libinput-1.2.2.tar.xz
PGP:  http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/libinput-1.2.2.tar.xz.sig