[libinput] How I get to scroll.wheel_click_angle value using libinput?

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Mar 28 22:36:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

sorry for the delay, only just came back from holidays.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 02:53:41PM +0900, ������ wrote:
> Hello, guys.
>
> When I check mouse wheel events using libinput,
> I found that this wheel value was always converted by libinput.
> Like this: wheel_degrees.y = -1 * e->value * device-
> >scroll.wheel_click_angle.
> In function evdev_process_relative().
>
> That value is set using udev property named "MOUSE_WHEEL_CLICK_ANGLE".
> But if that value is not exist, set default
> value(DEFAULT_WHEEL_CLICK_ANGLE).
>
> In that case, I move wheel to just one, kernel send wheel event that value
> is 1,
> and libinput changed it to 15(this is currently default value).
>
> This is my concerned point. I just want to know mouse wheel's real move,
> not converted value.
> So I found how to get that value(scroll.wheel_click_angle) for revert value
> to 1(like via kernel)
> But currently libinput_device_config_scroll_* API's doesn't support this.
>
> How can I get this value?
> Or how about make a new API like
> libinput_device_config_scroll_get_wheel_click_angle()?
> If you this make sense, I will upload a commit to add a new API.

we export the number of clicks already, look for
libinput_event_pointer_get_axis_value_discrete() here:
https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/group__event__pointer.html

Cheers,
   Peter

PS: doxygen grouping was wrong, this API wasn't listed until 5 minutes ago,
sorry.