Request for review of EGL_WL_wayland_eglstream extension

Miguel Angel Vico mvicomoya at nvidia.com
Mon May 2 10:59:05 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

As most of you already know, we've been lately working on adding Wayland
support to our drivers by using EGLStreams and friends.

As part of that effort, I've been working through the feedback I got
from you last time.

In order to address one of Daniel Stone's concerns about modifying
current EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display extension and adding buffer queries
to fetch the stream file descriptor, and create compositor endpoint out
of it, we've put together this new EGL_WL_wayland_eglstream extension
that will make things a bit different, and won't require any
modification to the current extensions.

I'd really appreciate getting feedback from you.

Please, find attached the latest draft of EGL_WL_wayland_eglstream.
Note that it requires the not-yet published EGL_NV_stream_attrib
extension, which draft can be found here:

  https://github.com/aritger/eglstreams-kms-example/blob/master/proposed-extensions/EGL_NV_stream_attrib.txt

Miguel