[RFC wayland 0/1] tests: Test wl_argument_from_va_list

Yong Bakos junk at humanoriented.com
Sun Nov 13 19:14:29 UTC 2016

From: Yong Bakos <ybakos at humanoriented.com>

Hello,
My ongoing routine of documenting objects and checking for related test coverage
has recently led me to notice that wl_argument_from_va_list does not have a
specific test in connection-test.c. The 1/1 patch in this RFC describes a rough
draft at the testing approach: using a wrapper function to generate a va_list
for wl_argument_from_va_list, and checking the results.

I have two questions regarding this RFC, and welcome any additional comments.

1) What message signatures should be tested, and how many?
2) I'd like to replace the procedural approach with an iterative one,
   but I can't quite see how this will be possible. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time,
yong

Yong Bakos (1):
  tests: Test wl_argument_from_va_list

 tests/connection-test.c | 17 +++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 17 insertions(+)

--
2.7.2