[RFC wayland-protocols] Color management protocol

Niels Ole Salscheider niels_ole at salscheider-online.de
Sat Nov 19 16:29:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

it has been some time since I proposed the first two RFCs for a color
management protocol in weston. You can find the old discussions here:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2014-March/013951.html
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2014-October/017759.html

During the discussion of the second RFC it became clear that color correction
was out of scope for weston at that time.
In the meantime wayland-protocols was split from weston and libweston was
created. Several wayland compositors start to see everyday usage and wide-gamut
screens became more common so that color management becomes more important.

Therefore I think that the situation has changed and I'd like to propose this
protocol for inclusion in wayland-protocols again.
What do you think?

Ole

Niels Ole Salscheider (1):
  Add the color-management protocol

 Makefile.am                                        |   1 +
 unstable/color-management/README                   |   4 +
 .../color-management-unstable-v1.xml               | 136 +++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 141 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 unstable/color-management/README
 create mode 100644 unstable/color-management/color-management-unstable-v1.xml

--
2.10.2