Kinetic scroll in libinput Xorg driver

Alexis BRENON @Wayland brenon.alexis+wayland at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:17:33 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the feedbacks!

@christian: Thanks for the links, I'll give them a look.

@Bill: What Peter says is that there could be some applications that
implement special behaviors when you scroll while at the end of the
file/context/whatever. Scroll events are sends to the window below the
mouse whatever the focus, and so moving the mouse over another window while
a kinetic scroll is pending will send scroll events to this new window...
Bad behavior...

Well, maybe using a new scroll source
like LIBINPUT_POINTER_AXIS_SOURCE_KINETIC could be a solution. I'm very new
to wayland and co. and I'm probably not legitimate to make this kind of
choices.

Kind,
Alexis.