[ANNOUNCE] libinput 1.4.901

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Sep 7 03:56:14 UTC 2016

The first RC for libinput 1.5 is available

A large part of this development cycle was internal cleanups and
improvements to the test suite, only few new features were added.

For touchpads, we now have a new configuration option to allow a 1/2/3
finger tap be mapped to left, middle and right, respectively. The
default remains at left/right/middle. For more details, see the
documentation for
	libinput_device_config_tap_set_button_map()

In the disable-while-typing code we now ignore modifier combinations like
ctrl+s to avoid unnecessary timeouts and delays.

Other touchpad-related fixes include more responsive two-finger scrolling
and better touch point transition handling (i.e. less pointer jumps after
tapping and two-finger scrolling).

For tablets we now have automatic touch arbitration in userspace, i.e. we
disable the touch input whenever a pen is in proximity to avoid erroneous
pointer moves. Touch arbitration is currently handled by the kernel but is
being phased out over the next couple of kernel releases. In the future this
may allow for smart touch arbitration based on input areas, for now we
simply copy the kernel's behavior and turn touch events off.

The rest are assorted fixes and the aforementioned internal cleanups.

As usual, the git shortlog is below

Peter Hutterer (89):
      touchpad: whitespace fix
      evdev_device_suspend() is a void function
      Change a few functions that only ever returned 0 to voids
      Switch a bunch of internal functions from int to bool
      touchpad: change clickfinger check distance function to a bool
      touchpad: change palm detection trigger functions to bools
      touchpad: change the sanity check function to a bool
      evdev: prefix "tablet unknown to libwacom" error with the device name
      evdev: add helper functions to convert between units and mm
      touchpad: change manual calculations of dimensions to helper functions
      udev: don't overwrite a previously set device group
      test: fix prefix for the gestures time test
      test: namespace the bitfield helper tests
      test: make the interfaces static
      doc: add links to the two debugging tools as examples
      touchpad: use the udev ID_INPUT_TOUCHPAD_INTEGRATION property if available
      test: make the valgrind test an actual dependency of the test run
      test: store created udev rules in a list for easier deletion
      test: merge all tests into a single binary
      test: only init the device rules once
      test: make sure we remove all udev rules when we SIGINT the test
      test: restore the hwdb/udev rules on SIGINT
      Revert "test: create a lock file to avoid parallel udev reloads during device add"
      test: drop the sysname comparison in the device add/remove test
      test: add a make-like job control to run tests in parallel
      test: remove NOTPARALLEL
      test: split the tap tests into more tap groups
      test: if a filter is specified, don't parallelize jobs by default
      test: if we're in a debugger, use single-fork mode only
      evdev: fix typo "device device"
      test: just use litest_add_device if we don't have overrides
      Include config.h from libinput-util.h
      udev: check wacom devices for a paired product id
      test: add dwt modifier/fkey test cases
      touchpad: ignore modifier key combos for dwt
      gestures: reduce the 2fg scroll timeout to 150ms
      doc: add some info about configuring devices in wayland/xorg
      doc: add build instructions
      evdev: move the fallback dispatch creation to evdev_configure_device
      evdev: return the dispatch method from evdev_configure_device
      evdev: split out slot init
      evdev: move axis dimension handling into a single helper function
      evdev: move the mt struct into the evdev dispatch struct
      evdev: move the relative deltas for normal devices to the fallback dispatch
      evdev: move pending_event to the evdev_dispatch struct
      evdev: move the keyboard mask into the fallback dispatch
      evdev: split evdev_dispatch and fallback_dispatch into separate entities
      evdev: reshuffle the evdev_device struct fields
      evdev: switch three ints to booleans
      evdev: move the abs point into the fallback dispatch
      evdev: pass the dispatch interface around
      evdev: rename all fallback-specific functions to a fallback_ prefix
      doc: split middle button emulation into a separate page
      Add configurable button map to tappings
      touchpad: implement configurable button mapping for tapping
      test: implement tests for configurable tap button mappings
      doc: fix wrong argument to udevadm hwdb
      touchpad: on a non-clickpad, reset the motion history on nfingers change
      Read the horizontal wheel click angle property if available
      touchpad: reset the edge scroll state on touch up if edge scroll is disabled
      tablet: fix minor coding style issue
      test: add a helper function to compare the event type
      test: only abort when we fail to add any tests and we have no filters
      doc: drop HTML_TIMESTAMP
      test: prevent cursor jumps in the various tap tests
      touchpad: always reset the motion history on finger changes
      evdev: recognize and use ID_INPUT_TRACKBALL
      touchpad: line width fix
      test: add the valgrind test suite output to the distcleanfiles
      evdev: fix handling of click wheel on parsing errors
      evdev: add quirk for the HP85810 touchpad
      test: add a Wacom HID 4800 test device
      test: change the matrix delta test to use a tip-down event
      tablet: if a serial comes in late, discard it
      udev: add missing touchpad model name for the HP 8510w
      udev: fix comment describing permitted match strings
      test: add test for touchpad disabling on external mouse
      doc: extend build instructions for dependencies
      test: add trackpoint palm detection tests
      evdev: split out mt event flushing
      evdev: let the fallback_flush... function decide whether a frame is needed
      evdev: don't send frame events if we filtered the touch event
      evdev: release current touches when the device is suspended
      test: move the Intuos 5 and Cintiq 13HD test tablets into the same device group
      test: add litest_assert_touch_sequence helper
      evdev: split resetting to a neutral state out
      tablet: add touch arbitration
      Force the HP Stream 11 touchpad as a clickpad
      configure.ac: libinput 1.5rc1

Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet (1):
      buildsystem: add missing uninstalled pkg-config infra

git tag: 1.4.901

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/libinput-1.4.901.tar.xz
MD5:  c8c868a3151016c45505c1a9e4fb13dc  libinput-1.4.901.tar.xz
SHA1: bdd249c1c3092c3633229aef9513d9989989106a  libinput-1.4.901.tar.xz
SHA256: ad7de4c67ed2748934afcc141398c7382bc2062d8dbf9a0e8115c895d349d0a4  libinput-1.4.901.tar.xz
PGP:  http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libinput/libinput-1.4.901.tar.xz.sig