Running multliple fullscreen applications on each of the the DRM connector

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 11:50:33 UTC 2017

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 08:26:04 -0500
Prabhu S <prabhusundar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Currently I have a DRM modeset master which have multiple (HDMI) connectors.
>
> I suppose there is a limitation (or security feature) in DRM that only one
> user process can be a DRM master and only the master can do drmMode*
> operations.
>
> Wondering how to run multiple fullscreen applications (each for a DRM
> connector) with wayland? and whether client will have option to choose the
> connector?

> https://keithp.com/blogs/DRM-lease/

Hi,

that is up to the shell protocol extension. wl_shell.set_fullscreen and
zxdg_toplevel_v6.set_fullscreen have an output argument. If you have
pre-defined set of applications to run, you could also write your own
shell extension instead.

The DRM leasing protocol for Wayland has not yet been written, AFAIK.