[wayland + ILM] proxy wrappers usage of wayland 1.11.0 to 1.9.0

Vikas Patil vikasmpatil at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 13:05:12 UTC 2017

Dear All,

I have backported following patches from wayland 1.11.0 to 1.9.0 to
test one crash issue [1] . I am able to backport and start Weston with
it. Is this valid thing to do?

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland/commit/?id=6d29c0da3cd168e08187cd204d2314188479c0f1
[client: Introduce proxy wrappers]

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland/commit/?id=6fe12f02e3b4879cd3d5faa08f023cc761d13be9
[client: Fix wl_display_roundtrip_queue() race condition]

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland/commit/?id=69ec70fb0d3f75f4bcce449238d6297f6a986b5f
[tests/queue-test: Add tests for proxy wrappers] -- not required.

Now If I understand it correctly I need to use/modify code where the
wayland client creates the proxy and sets the queue. One such
components is [2] ILM control library. I tried to do as per the
patches but with it nothing is coming on display even though weston
starts successfully with ivi-shell and ivi-controller.so.

Attached here the modified file. I would like to understand if the
way I used is correct or not? Could someone explain this fix and How
to use it properly for ILM control library? Do I need to add similar
fix in qtwayland  5.5.1 and other such components (e.g. wayland sink
from gstreamer) ?

[1] https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2017-August/034784.html

[2] https://github.com/GENIVI/wayland-ivi-extension/blob/1.9.1/ivi-layermanagement-api/ilmControl/src/ilm_control_wayland_platform.c
(function: init_control(),  line: 1260 )

Thanking you in advance for your time and comments.

Thanks & Regards,

Vikash