Providing shared buffer for applications within Smack environment

Ucan, Emre (ADITG/ESB) eucan at de.adit-jv.com
Tue Dec 12 11:44:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

Protocol is here since Dec 16, 2015: https://github.com/GENIVI/wayland-ivi-extension/blob/master/protocol/ivi-share.xml

It is basically used to share application buffers with HMI/Window manager, so that application content can be used for HMI animations.
It should not be used in new projects though. We are preferring to use libweston for nested composition in HMI/Window manager application.

Best regards

Emre Ucan
Engineering Software Base (ADITG/ESB)

Tel. +49 5121 49 6937