EVoC - Project ideas & hardware requirements

Stefan Dvoretskii stefan.dvorezky at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 06:57:43 UTC 2017

Hello dear Wayland developers,

I am a student thinking about participating in EVoC. I've browsed the Ideas
concerning Wayland on the official site (
https://www.x.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas/) and found the Pressure-only
Bluetooth styli support and Multi-Buffer for XWayland ideas especially
interesting. However, there are some questions:

* Hardware requirements - I doubt I would have the proper portable
hardware. Is it possible to run it virtually or could there be some cheaper
solutions for that (i.e., buying/renting the proper hardware for the
duration of the project)? What could you recommend?

* The codebase of xOrg is pretty huge, so it's pretty hard to find relevant
code. Where should I look at first considering this projects/ideas?

* Are there some resources apart from this and ToDo list where one could
find more things worthy doing an EVoC project about them?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Kind regards,
Stefan Dvoretskii.