How to do mode setting in Wayland

Zhu, Lingyun lingyun.zhu at intel.com
Mon Feb 6 10:35:57 UTC 2017

Thank you very much.
It works.

Thanks,
Lingyun

-----Original Message-----
From: wayland-devel [mailto:wayland-devel-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of Emmanuel Gil Peyrot
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2016 11:59 PM
To: Zhu, Lingyun <lingyun.zhu at intel.com>
Cc: wayland-devel <wayland-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>
Subject: Re: How to do mode setting in Wayland

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 08:59:20AM +0000, Zhu, Lingyun wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I'm trying to set mode for a monitor from 4K at 60Hz to 4K at 30Hz (all supported) under wayland/weston.
> But it seems there's no api for doing this.

That’s correct.

> The only mode setting related api is wl_output::mode event, but it's a notifying event.
>
> How can I change the mode of a monitor under wayland/weston?

The mode can currently only be set at launch time, in the weston.ini configuration file, output section, in the mode option.

To set a specific refresh rate, you will have to generate a modeline using the `cvt` tool and paste that in the mode option, see `man weston.ini` and `man cvt` for more information.

--
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot