wayland-d

Rémi Thébault remi.thebault at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 07:07:37 UTC 2017

> Hello,
>
> I've started to build new bindings to Wayland for the D programming
> language.
> Available at github.com/rtbo/wayland-d. Only client protocol supported at
> the moment.
> I come over an issue when starting to test requests. I wrote a simple
> program using the bindings:
>
> Sorry, premature email shoot! So,
I come over an issue when starting to test requests. I wrote a simple
program using the bindings:
  - connect to display
  - get the registry
  - roundtrip

I suspect wrong marshalling of the request because during roundtrip, this
message is printed:

message too short, object (2), message error(ous)

2 is the registry id, and "ous" is the signature of wl_display.error.
What can possibly go wrong here?

Some insights over the bindings:
  - I link to libwayland-client for the connection and marshalling code,
but not for the main protocol interfaces objects.
  - the D scanner create code for initialization of wl_interface instances
at program startup
  - wl_interfaces are wrapped in higher level WlInterface instances which
act as Factory objects.
  - each protocol interface translates into a wrapper over a wl_proxy
object, and requests translates to marshalling calls in libwayland-client.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks,
Rémi