weston-simple-egl fullscreen broken?

Arnaud Vrac rawoul at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:12:42 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:18 PM Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:

> Hi Fabien,
>
> On 6 February 2017 at 16:56, Fabien DESSENNE <fabien.dessenne at st.com> wrote:
> > I remember I used to get « weston-simple-egl -f » working fine.
> > But it does not work anymore : nothing is displayed. From the logs I can see
> > (among others) zxdg_toplevel_v6.configure and wl_surface.commit
> > Testing with another client works fine: weston-terminal -f -> OK
> > There may be something wrong with my environment since I am testing with the
> > Daniel’s atomic version (forked from weston-1.12.0+), but I guess this is
> > broken also with the official version.
> > If anyone can make a quick test and let me know.
>
> This also works fine for me, both upstream and on the atomic branch;
> it's one of the main tests I do.

I remember that weston-simple-egl -f was broken when using software
rendering in mesa. From my irc log:

21:56:01< rawoul> 'weston-simple-egl -f' is also broken with
LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 on libweston-desktop... That's a mesa bug
though, the first commited buffer does not use the size sent in the
configure event
22:02:04< SardemFF7> not sure it’s a mesa bug
22:04:32< SardemFF7> mesa doesn’t know about the shell protocol, and
that’s a requirement from xdg_shell_v6
22:05:16< rawoul> SardemFF7: the client does properly calls
wl_egl_window_resize with the correct size before the first call to
eglSwapBuffers. It actually works with dri2, but it seems swrast
defers the resize

-Arnaud