Hide or show the surface

Anthenony yuanjw1025 at 126.com
Fri Jan 6 07:06:46 UTC 2017

Hi,Jonas:

I try to set invisible on current surface with “attach(0, 0, 0)”, but as said in website, attach NULL buffer will cause freeze issue, so I want to use another way to make invisible effort.
I find this function “set_buffer_scale”, but how to use it?
I have done experiment to use  wl_surface::set_buffer_scale(0), the surface can be invisible, but how recover it to visible? I tried wl_surface::set_buffer_scale(1), but nothing happens, the surface is still invisible.
wl_surface::set_buffer_scale - sets the buffer scaling factor

scale

int - positive scale for interpreting buffer contents

This request sets an optional scaling factor on how the compositor interprets the contents of the buffer attached to the window.

Buffer scale is double-buffered state, see wl_surface.commit.

A newly created surface has its buffer scale set to 1.

wl_surface.set_buffer_scale changes the pending buffer scale. wl_surface.commit copies the pending buffer scale to the current one. Otherwise, the pending and current values are never changed.

The purpose of this request is to allow clients to supply higher resolution buffer data for use on high resolution outputs. It is intended that you pick the same buffer scale as the scale of the output that the surface is displayed on. This means the compositor can avoid scaling when rendering the surface on that output.

Note that if the scale is larger than 1, then you have to attach a buffer that is larger (by a factor of scale in each dimension) than the desired surface size.

If scale is not positive the invalid_scale protocol error is raised.