writing my own screensaver

thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com
Mon Jan 23 13:27:22 UTC 2017

Hey Emre Ucan,

thanks for your answer, but I didn't want to write a screenshot tool rather than I want to write a screensaver which basically should just disable the display and on touch reenable the display.
Either by a program or via DPMS.

Program I learned is not an option, as the basic weston compositor which we use, hasn't the screensaver interface anymore.

But DPMS should be supported but it isn't triggered in our device. So I wondered how it should work or can be triggered.

Can someone please shed some light on the DPMS Mechanism (or point me to the right direction) which is used in weston compositor?

Cheers,
Thilo