Proposed schedule for 1.14 release
bryce at osg.samsung.com
Mon Jul 3 16:59:57 UTC 2017
Please let me know if there is interest in having a release at this
time. My proposed schedule would be as follows:
For Wayland 1.14.0 and Weston 2.1.0:
- Alpha on July 11th. Major features done by this point.
- Beta on July 25th.
- RC1 around August 1st.
- Release by August 8th at the earliest
On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 10:45:09AM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 04:06:00PM -0500, Derek Foreman wrote:
> > On 26/04/17 11:47 AM, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > >On 21 February 2017 at 22:59, Bryce Harrington <bryce at osg.samsung.com> wrote:
> > >>Our next major release will be version 1.14, which will be scheduled
> > >>tentatively as follows:
> > >>
> > >> √ Development opens immediately
> > >>
> > >> - 1.14-alpha in early May
> > And here we are.
> > >> - 1.14-beta around mid May
> > >>
> > >> - 1.14-rc1 late May, with rc2 only if necessary
> > >>
> > >> - 1.14.0 around beginning of June
> > >
> > >I'd like to discuss this. As it stands, we're around a week away from
> > >shipping an alpha, and feature freezing. At this point, we have
> > >already committed libweston breakage such that the SOVERSION has hit
> > >3. So far, we have nothing to offer for this breakage, just a bunch of
> > >bugfixes and a pile of cleanups and groundwork that will only become
> > >useful with future features.
> > libwayland doesn't seem to have seen any interesting change either...
> > >So, my question: is it worth releasing now, or is a delay in order?
> > This sounds good to me - based on purely selfish reasons, being that one
> > patch series. :)
> > I think we have a backlog of stuff that hasn't landed because it hasn't been
> > reviewed (and revised...), I see no harm in holding the release
> > and no benefit to rushing it.
> I am going to be on vacation next couple weeks but once I'm back I'll
> have time to roll a release if you guys would like.
> The schedule could be similar to before - an alpha on July 11th followed
> a couple weeks later by beta, then one week for rc and another week for
> final release.
> If you feel Weston still is not in a releasable state I could just do
> Wayland (although Wayland doesn't appear to have accumulated much change
> since 1.13.) Another option would be a Weston 2.0.1 with just bug
> fixes, if people are available to help in cherrypicking suitable patches
> to the 2.0 branch.
> wayland-devel mailing list
> wayland-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
More information about the wayland-devel